Each spring, it’s every sugarbeet grower's goal to grow the biggest and sweetest beets. ACH Seeds has been rewarding its growers who do just that with their annual Sugar Bounty program.
This year’s regional winners were announced during the American Sugarbeet Growers Association annual meeting, which was held virtually this year, by ACH Seeds Crystal Brand sales leader, Andy Finkral.
“For the 2020 crop year, we again had amazing results from all sugarbeet regions,” said Finkral during the meeting. “Growers continue to produce high ton and high sugar crops using ACH Seeds Crystal brand genetics. We’re so pleased to announce this year’s Sugar Bounty winners.”
2020 winners in each region, with their impressive field results are:
• Great Lakes – Renata Farms LTD, Wallaceburg, Ontario.
• Amalgamated – Deer Flat Farms Inc., Nampa, Idaho.
• Southern Minnesota – Chris Sturm, Springfield, Minn.
• MinnDak – Summer, Inc., Herman, Minn.
• Sidney Sugars – Asbeck Brothers, Fairview, Mont.
• Western Sugar, South – Eckhardt Farms, Inc., LaSalle, Colo.
• Western Sugar, North – Terral Balzer, Worden, Mont.
• Wyoming Sugar – Michael Vigil Farms, Manderson, Wyo.
Each region winner receives gifts that include a Traeger grill with custom grill inserts, a bar pub and stool set, a box of ACH Seeds Crystal brand sugarbeet seed for their upcoming crop, and a plaque recognizing their accomplishment. District and region winners also receive a special Sugar Bounty program jacket that is specific to each program year.
The ACH Seeds Sugar Bounty program is a loyalty and incentive program intended to reward customers for planting Crystal brand varieties that produce the highest sugar and/or tonnage within each sugarbeet growing region where Crystal brand varieties are marketed.