Take the Agweek farm bill quiz
The farm bill, signed into law last week by President Donald Trump, is a big deal in U.S. agriculture. Take our quick quiz and see how much you know about it:...
The farm bill, signed into law last week by President Donald Trump, is a big deal in U.S. agriculture. Take our quick quiz and see how much you know about it:
1. Who's chairman of the Senate Agriculture Committee?
2. Is the new farm bill's total price tag more or less than $1 trillion?
3. How often is a new farm bill approved?
4. Controversy over what widely used program delayed approval of the 2018 farm bill?
5. Under what president was the first farm bill enacted?
Answers: Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan.; less than ($867 billion); about every five years; SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program); Franklin Roosevelt in 1933.
Five of five: You're a true agriculturalist!
Four of five: Good job. (Did you miss the last question?)
Three of five: Room for improvement.
Two of five: A lot of room for improvement.
One of five: Clearly the farm bill wasn't a priority for you
Zero of five: Try again in five years.