ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Weather Talk: Forecast calls for mild winter

The Climate Prediction Center has made its autumn and winter outlooks. The developing El Nino is factored heavily into the forecasts. The fall outlook is nondescript for our region, with equal changes of above, near, and below average temperature...

1961040+X00169_9.JPG
Forum file photo.

The Climate Prediction Center has made its autumn and winter outlooks. The developing El Nino is factored heavily into the forecasts. The fall outlook is nondescript for our region, with equal changes of above, near, and below average temperatures and precipitation. 

The winter forecast, however, is for a 60 percent chance of above average temperatures (the remaining 40 percent is split between near average and below average).  The precipitation forecast is far less certain, with equal chances of above, near, and below average precipitation. These outlooks are updated every month and can be found online by searching for Seasonal Outlook Climate Prediction Center.  

 

Related Topics: JOHN WHEELER
What To Read Next
As Mikkel Pates approaches his retirement from Agweek after 44 years in journalism, he talks to Rose Dunn about learning TV, covering ag's characters and scandals and looking toward the future.
Members Only
“In our industry there aren’t a lot of young people in it. I like the fact that there are a lot of young people in agriculture here,” he said of the Mitchell area.
Minnesota Farmers Union, Minnesota Soybean Growers Association and Minnesota Corn Growers Association were pleased with items in Gov. Tim Walz's "One Minnesota Budget" proposal.
John Deere and the American Farm Bureau Federation recently announced they had come to an agreement that will lead to more accessible repairs to John Deere equipment.