N.D. 4-H Foundation awards 10 scholarships for 2016
The North Dakota 4-H Foundation has awarded 10 scholarships to 4-H members. The scholarships and recipients are:* Eleanor R. Schultz Memorial Scholarship ($300) - Ben Lagein, Towner County* Rosevold Memorial Scholarship ($400) - Calvin Aichele, M...
The North Dakota 4-H Foundation has awarded 10 scholarships to 4-H members.
The scholarships and recipients are:
* Eleanor R. Schultz Memorial Scholarship ($300) - Ben Lagein, Towner County
* Rosevold Memorial Scholarship ($400) - Calvin Aichele, Mercer County
* Farm & Ranch Guide ($500) - Allison Voight, Renville County
* North Dakota 4-H Foundation Scholarship (in honor of Erwin and Nora Klusmann and John Norgaard, $350) - Emily Beck, Ward County
* John DeKrey Jr. and Hannah DeKrey Scholarship ($750) - Monica Fitterer, Kidder County
* John D. Paulson Memorial Award ($1,000 each) - Emily Zikmund and Kaitlyn Nelson, Walsh County
* Kelci Jo Willson Memorial Award ($500) - MaKayla Heinz, Nelson County
* Steve E. and Mary M. Tuhy Scholarship ($500) - Jarrett Lardy, Cass County
* William Bloom Scholarship ($100) - Kadyn Malkowski, Billings County
To be eligible for scholarships, the applicants must be current or former North Dakota 4-H members. They also must be high school seniors who have been accepted at an accredited post-secondary school or are enrolled as an undergraduate at an accredited post-secondary school.
As part of the selection process, applicants submit answers to questions about what skills and types of knowledge they gained from 4-H project and leadership experiences, how they used 4‐H experiences to impact their communities, and how 4‐H has helped shape them as a person and influenced their futures.
"The scholarship committee saw a significant increase in scholarship applications from years past and received 65 very qualified applicants," says Meredith Pittenger, North Dakota 4-H Foundation executive director. "I was incredibly impressed by the goals and aspirations of our 4-H members. The future is very bright for 4-H'ers in North Dakota."
The North Dakota 4-H Foundation is the North Dakota State University Center for 4-H Youth Development's private-sector, nonprofit partner.
Visit https://www.ndsu.edu/4h for more information about scholarships and other North Dakota 4-H activities.