Montana Cherry committee to host cherry cook-off
POLSON, Mont. - Cherries jubilee. Cherry-limeade. Cherry bourbon ice cream. Grilled trout with Cherry salsa. Cherry-rosemary sea salt focaccia. And who could forget cherry pie? It's time to dust off your cookbooks and dig through your recipe box ...
POLSON, Mont. - Cherries jubilee. Cherry-limeade. Cherry bourbon ice cream. Grilled trout with Cherry salsa. Cherry-rosemary sea salt focaccia. And who could forget cherry pie? It’s time to dust off your cookbooks and dig through your recipe box to find your best recipe featuring Montana cherries.
In conjunction with the Montana Cherry Symposium on September 14 at the Kwa Taq Nuk in Polson, the Montana Cherry Advisory Committee will be hosting a Cherry Cook-Off. The purpose of this Cook-Off is to discover new and delicious ways to promote Montana cherries in a variety of dishes.
If you are interested in entering the Cherry Cook-Off, registration forms can be found online at the Montana Department of Agriculture website .
Recipes should be original, creative, and easy to prepare. All submissions should be sent to the Montana Department of Agriculture by Friday July 15, 2016. After the deadline, entries will be screened and eight will be chosen to participate in the live Cook-Off on September 14.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three chefs, as well as one people’s choice award winner.
Below are additional guidelines for recipe entries:
- Recipes must contain at least 1 cup of cherries.
- Only one recipe entry per person.
- The entry must be an original recipe not to exceed 15 ingredients.
- All ingredients must be listed, along with amounts and step by step instructions. Ingredients must be reasonably available.
- Recipes should make 10-12 servings, take less than 2 hours to prepare, and be economical to produce.
- Entrants give permission to reproduce their recipe without prior notice, compensation or royalties.
- Montana Cherry Advisory Committee members and their families are not eligible.