MOORHEAD - The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) concluded 39 enforcement cases in 26 counties throughout the state during the third quarter of 2018.
Penalties from all 39 cases totaled more than $203,000. In addition to the 39 recently completed cases, the MPCA also has 37 ongoing enforcement investigations, 17 of which were opened as new cases during the third quarter of 2018. Not all investigations lead to fines or other official action.
The following is a summary of coverage area cases completed during the third quarter of 2018:
• Mackner Excavating, Detroit Lakes, for solid waste violations, $9,000.
• Green Plains Otter Tail, Fergus Falls, for wastewater violations, $6,880.
• M&M Contractors, Breckenridge, for solid waste violations, $3,500.
• Jonathan Rohloff, Menahga, for solid waste violations, $2,600.
• Phil Stoll, Dent, for subsurface sewage treatment system violations, $2,310.
• John Kamphake, Parkers Prairie, for solid waste violations, $1,875.
• Randall Abbott, Erhard, for subsurface sewage treatment system violations, $1,535.
• American Crystal Sugar Co., Moorhead, for wastewater violations, $1,350.
A complete list of all enforcement actions is available on the agency's website at www.pca.state.mn.us. For questions on specific enforcement cases, contact information officer Steve Mikkelson at 218-316-3887 or 800-657-3864.