WeatherConditions: Partly Cloudy and Breezy
Wind: North 25
Relative Humidity: 74
With strong winds today, expect to see some blowing and drifting snow through this afternoon. Expect plenty of sunshine this afternoon, with temperatures steady in the mid-upper 10s. Clear skies will remain for tonight, and combined with lighter winds, will make for a chilly night. Low near -6*, with a west wind at 0-10 mph.
Temperatures will be on the rise this weekend, as a warm front begins to move through. Expect highs to be in the 20s on Saturday, and possibly near 40 for Sunday. The pleasant weather continues into next week, with highs into the 20s and 30s.
Meteorologist Aaron White
Sign up to receive weather alerts.
WDAZ Weather Cam
This is the view looking north from the WDAZ studio at 2220 South Washington in Grand Forks, ND.
March 06, 2014
No climate data found.
|Increasing Danger (Frostbite in 30 min.)|
|Heightened Danger (Frostbite in 10 min.)|
|Great Danger (Frostbite in 5 min.)|
Differences Between the new and old systems
- Wind speed is now calculated for 5 feet off the ground. Wind speed was previously based on observations at 33 feet.
- The calm wind threshold was lowered to 3mph.
- A consistent standard for skin tissue resistance is now in use.
- Measurements are based on how wind affects the human face, typically the most exposed portion of the body.
- The table incorporates the theory that heat is lost from the body depending on its surroundings
- The sun's impact is not factored into the wind chill temperature formula.