Advertise in Print | Subscriptions
Published May 19, 2009, 08:07 AM

Crow Creek Sioux Tribe announces wind farm project

The Crow Creek Sioux Tribe has created a new company called Sioux Wind to generate electricity from wind turbines that would be built on or near the tribe’s reservation in central South Dakota. The tribe will own 80 percent of the new company. The other 20 percent will be owned by Dalton Creations of Houston, which will lead the effort to raise $15 million from investors to launch the wind farm.

By: By Chet Brokaw, The Associated Press , The Jamestown Sun

:The complete e-mail address or addresses to send the article to


: your name

: