MDA to offer free waste pesticide collectionThe Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) will host a series of waste pesticide collections in eight northwestern Minnesota counties from Sept. 22-25.
The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) will host a series of waste pesticide collections in eight northwestern Minnesota counties from Sept. 22-25.
Through these free collection events, Minnesota homeowners and farmers can safely dispose of unwanted and unusable pesticides.
Last year, MDA collected more than 150,000 pounds of waste pesticides statewide. The collections are open to farmers, homeowners, commercial pesticide applicators, and other pesticide users. No pre-registration is required.
The program accepts unwanted, unusable agricultural and consumer pesticide products including insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and rodenticides. However, crop oils, adjuvants, pesticide rinsate, fertilizer, treated seed, contaminated soil and empty pesticide containers will not be accepted.
Up to 300 pounds of waste pesticide will be accepted at no cost. Participants are asked to call MDA’s Pesticide and Fertilizer Management Division at 651-201-6562 if they plan to drop off more than 300 pounds of product.
Collections will be held at the following locations and times:
• Pope County: Sept. 22, Prairie Lakes Cooperative, Starbuck, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Otter Tail County: Sept. 22, Otter Tail County Garage, Battle Lake, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Wilkin County: Sept. 23, Farmers Cooperative, Rothsay, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Clay County: Sept. 23, Clay County Garage, Hawley, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Norman County: Sept. 24, TriAngle Agronomy, Ada, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Polk County: Sept. 24, Polk County Environmental Services Transfer Station, Crookston, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Marshall County: Sept. 25, Marshall County Garage, Argyle, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Kittson County: Sept. 25, CPS at the Old Agsco site, Hallock, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.