4-Hers win awards in round robin showmanship at ND State Fair4-H members competed in the 4-H round robin showmanship event at the North Dakota State Fair in Minot.
By: NDSU Extension Service, INFORUM
4-H members competed in the 4-H round robin showmanship event at the North Dakota State Fair in Minot.
Youth earned the opportunity to participate in the round robin contest by placing in the individual species showmanship events in beef, dairy, goat, sheep and swine. The contest had three age divisions: senior, 15 to 18 years old; intermediate, 12 to 14; and junior, 8 to 11.
Each division included two representatives from each species. In the round robin competition, each participant rotated to show each of the five species to the judge. This event wrapped up 4-H involvement at the State Fair.
Round robin winners are listed first, then other competitors in each division are listed with hometown and county.
* Kaitlyn Kline, Goodrich, Wells, champion
* Shelby Hennessy, Berthold, Ward, reserve champion
* Melissa Mehlhoff, Arena, Burleigh
* Ross Stanley, Bismarck, Burleigh
* Jaime Lundquist, Alsen, Cavalier
* Patrick Schumacher, Linton, Emmons
* Rachael Rott, Anamoose, McHenry
* Rachel Oliver, Savage, Mont., Oliver
* Heidi Scheetz, Hensler, McLean
* Rhett Wolter, White Earth, Mountrail
* Kylee Myers, Kathryn, Ransom, champion
* Madeline Solemsaas, Sherwood, Renville, reserve champion
* Colbey Steeke, Rhame, Bowman
* Trevor Mehlhoff, Arena, Burleigh
* Sadie Maruskie, Battleview, Mountrail
* Corey Shafer, New Rockford, Eddy
* Samuel Poland, South Heart, Stark-Billings
* Brandie Doll, New Salem, Morton
* Seth Kjelberg, Ypsilanti, Stutsman
* Tucker Hennessy, Berthold, Ward
* Kendra Myers, Kathryn, Ransom, champion
* Lynsey Schmitz, Oakes, Dickey, reserve champion
* Brett Wendel, LaMoure, Stutsman
* Jamie Geyer, Lisbon, Ransom
* Sydney Kleingartner, Gackle, Logan
* Brenna Hoger, New Salem, Morton
* Kaiden Bredahl, Berthold, Mountrail
* Sidney Anderson, Milnor, Ransom
* Fletcher Hennessy, Berthold, Ward
* Tucker Johnson, Berthold, Ward