Simplot fire does little damageFirefighters responded to a fire at the J.R. Simplot Co. plant on Gateway Drive in Grand Forks about 10:20 a.m. Monday.
By: Forum News Service ,
Firefighters responded to a fire at the J.R. Simplot Co. plant on Gateway Drive in Grand Forks about 10:20 a.m. Monday.
The fire was put out in about 20 minutes. Battalion Chief Chad Cutshaw of the Grand Forks Fire Department said no one was injured.
On scene after the fire, Cutshaw didn’t have a damage estimate yet, but he guessed it would be minimal.
The fire started when a fryer line in the plant caught fire, which then caused grease filters to start on fire, Cutshaw said. At the time, he didn’t have any other information.
Grand Forks Police Department temporarily blocked traffic from Gateway Drive to the parallel frontage road in front of the plant, Cutshaw said.
Altru Ambulance also responded to the scene.