Annual pasta contest winners announcedTen Agweek readers were drawn to win the Use Your Noodle pasta contest.
Ten Agweek readers have been drawn from those who mailed their “Use Your Noodle” pasta puzzle answers. Entries came from 59 readers in Agweek’s readership area, as well as from Iowa and Indiana.
The annual contest is held to celebrate National Pasta Month in October, Pasta Lovers’ Week in North Dakota, World Pasta Day on Oct. 25, and to pay tribute to the North Dakota farmers and manufacturers who make this healthy and versatile food possible.
The 10 winners are:
• Kathy Munkelwitz, Isle, Minn.
• Janet Mackowick, East Grand Forks, Minn.
• Marjorie Johnson, Souris, N.D.
• Judi Trygg, Baldwin, N.D.
• Everett Jones, Herreid, S.D.
• Ursula Shaw, Parshall, N.D.
• Randy Johnson, Galesburg, N.D.
• Debra Haney, Rochester, Minn.
• Betty Axtman, Rugby, N.D.
• Helen Welte, Larimore, N.D.
Each will receive a prize package that includes a pasta month T-shirt featuring this year’s “Pick Your Pasta” logo from the North Dakota Wheat Commission, pasta spoons from the U.S. Durum Growers Association and pasta from Dakota Growers Pasta Co., American Italian Pasta Co. and Philadelphia Macaroni.