The phases of developmentMultiple investments have been made in hopes of developing a nitrogen fertilizer plant in North Dakota
By: Mikkel Pates, Agweek
Corn grower groups have made several investments, hoping to come up with plans for a nitrogen fertilizer plant in North Dakota.
North Dakota Corn Utilization Council:
• $39,000 for a North Dakota State University flare gas study.
• $59,000 from an Agricultural Products Utilization Commission grant.
Northern Corn Development Corp. — business planning: consultants, accounting and legal:
• $100,000 APUC grant.
• $925,000 NDCUC commitment.
• $25,000 Minnesota Corn Growers.
• $25,000 South Dakota Corn Growers.
• $25,000 Manitoba Canola Association.
• $25,000 North Dakota Soybean Council.
Total — $1.125 million.
Northern Plains Nitrogen — for-profit corporation, to build a $1 to $1.5 billion manufacturing plant in Grand Forks, N.D. Financing hasn’t been announced.