Advertise in Print | Subscriptions
Published January 16, 2013, 12:51 PM

Keep the Farm Service Agency updated on changes

The USDA's Farm Service Agency would like farmers to report certain changes right away, so it can update its records.

By: Agweek Staff Report, Agweek

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency wants farmers to ask themselves these questions:

•Have you bought or sold land recently?

•Will you be farming different land in 2013?

•Have any of your landlords died, resulting in a change of landowners?

•Have you worked with a financial adviser, attorney or other professional regarding your farmland, to create a corporation, LLP, LLC, Trust or other entity? Does your new entity now own or operate farmland?

If you answer “yes” to one or more of the questions above, the changes should be reported as soon as possible to the FSA so it can update its records.

The FSA is involved in disaster, commodity, conservation and farm loan programs, among many other things.