Nominations due April 24 for heritage preservation awardThe Farmington Heritage Preservation Coommission invites resident to participate in this celebration of community heritage by nominating those individuals, families and organizations you believe are most deserving of the Heritage Preservation Award.
May is Historic Preservation Month and the Farmington Heritage Preservation Commission is pleased to announce its annual Farmington Heritage Preservation Award to showcase local historic preservation.
The commission invites resident to participate in this celebration of community heritage by nominating those individuals, families and organizations you believe are most deserving of the Heritage Preservation Award.
• The Heritage Preservation Award is given to an individual, family, company or organization that has made an outstanding contribution to the preservation, rehabilitation, restoration and use of Farmington’s heritage resources.
• Any individual, company, or organization is eligible to be nominated for the award, including nonresidents, but in order to be considered the heritage resource must be located in the city of Farmington.
• Current members of the Farmington HPC are not eligible.
• Nominations may be made by writing to: Farmington Heritage Preservation Commission, c/o Lisa Shadick, Administrative Services Director, Farmington City Hall, 430 Third St., Farmington, Minn., 55024; or call Lisa Shadick at 651-280-6802 or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nominations must be received by April 24, 2009.
• The HPC will select and notify the award winner.
• A commemorative plaque will be presented to the Heritage Preservation Award winner at a city council meeting in May, 2009.